- If you or others depend on your income – you need it.
- Disability insurance replaces a portion of your income when you can't work.
- Most long-term absences are due to illnesses, not accidents.
- You need it even if you’re young and healthy.
- The risk of a disability during your working years may be greater than you think.
- A good rule of thumb is to protect 60-80% of your after-tax income.
- Some disability insurance is better than no disability insurance.
- Make sure you know how much disability insurance you get at work.
- There is no substitute for good advice.
- The financial strength and reputation of the company you buy from matters.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Social Security Disability Benefits
How does Social Security Disability work? (Source: SS.GOV)
¿Cómo funciona la discapacidad del Seguro Social? (Fuente: SS.GOV)